Impeccable hair routines and having a clear understanding of what RAW extensions are is extremely important, especially if you want your hair to maintain for years , whether you're a new customer, trying a new texture, or looking for better quality. , We are here to help. This blog is going to tell you everything you need to know while shopping for our straight, wavy, curly textures and our amazing top-of-the-line products!
HOW TO REMOVE YOUR HAIR ... EXTENSIONS!
Remember, you bought RAW human hair. This means that it will behave just like your natural hair! It comes from a real human scalp and should be treated as such. Remember to have realistic expectations with RAW human hair as well, especially with higher maintenance textures like wavy and curly. If not taken care of properly, you will most likely experience dissatisfaction. Remember that with proper care and most importantly TIME ... RAW hair will improve.
Always wash your hair extensions before installing them while keeping the ties (zip-ties ) intact. This gives you the opportunity to analyze the bundles that you have bought from us. If you see anything unusual, please contact us immediately and we will fix it accordingly.
We recommend using the over-and-out method when installing your raw hair extensions. We also recommend folding the weft in half to make sure the beards face each other and do not touch the scalp. We do not recommend piercing the wefts as this can lead to excessive shedding. You can also seal the wefts with a high-quality weft sealer. Cut the weft only when necessary.
It is recommended to wash with conditioner (CoWash) 1-2 times a week. This is to ensure that your hair retains moisture and is cleaned regularly. any build-up that may cause tangling. If your extensions need deep conditioning, we recommend using a thick, deep conditioner with smoothing properties to minimize unwanted frizz.
- Sections before wetting hair.
- Untangle each section as much as possible using the Denman brush or your favorite untangling brush.
- Completely saturate the hair with water.
- Starting at the bottom of the installation, part the hair with your fingers and gather a section, tie the rest of the installation at the top of the head
- Apply the section liberally with conditioner and brush the hair with the Denman brush from the tips to the roots. Do this until you know that your hair is properly detangled.
- Repeat this throughout the installation.
- At this point, your hair should be completely detangled and have a lot of "slippage" as it is saturated with conditioner. Twist the hair into the top bun or braid. Leave the conditioner on for 15-20 minutes. To avoid frizz, do not massage the hair.
- Rinse well with cool to warm water. For extra waves, scrunch hair to enhance the wave pattern or use rollers. Pat dry with a microfiber towel or T-shirt to prevent frizz.
- Apply a dime-sized amount of smoothing oil if leaving to air dry or diffuse and glossing polish after blowing out/silk pressing the hair.
- Once a month use an intense hair mask or our Dominican treatment to extend the longevity of your extensions.
- Use brush or comb to style
- Apply an alcohol-free hair polish or serum to control shine and frizz as needed. When your hair has built up it becomes stiff and can create tangles. this means it's time to do a COWASH!
- NO SHAMPOOS!
- Always use a heat shield when using heat styling to avoid damage. Please note that styling with excessive heat can alter the original wave pattern and integrity of the hair (LIKE your natural hair).
Before going to bed, put your hair in a pineapple bun or tubi (doobie). You can also protect it with a satin pillowcase or a satin bonnet to reduce frizz and fly-aways. Remove night protection and style as desired.
WAVY / LOOSE TEXTURES
Our curly texture requires more extensive hair care, which is simply due to the structure of the curly hair strands. Meaning Maintenance is beautiful curls! CO-WASH 2-3 times a week. NO SHAMPOO for your extensions. Keep in mind that our hair extensions are cut by individual donors and are known to look like your natural hair. You need to understand that it acts as such and should be looked after accordingly. Remember that in the absence of moisture, curly hair will stretch or swell with moisture. Curly hair is more porous than straight textures and therefore attracts moisture. Once the hair swells and the cuticles become rough, the hair can lose its curl pattern and become less visually attractive. This also creates tangles when the strands rub against each other. Follow a grooming routine with curly hair to combat these problems. When we are deep condition and regularly do a hair routine, our hair is more manageable, smoother, and less prone to breakage and frizz. Treat your extensions as such.
Lace products can be co-washed as outlined in this article. Note, however, that lace products are delicate and be aware of excessive use (aggressive use).Our lace products are made using a method similar to crochet and are designed to look very natural and not a "wig". Note that closure and frontals are expected to last 1-2 installations with proper care.
DomiYork Collections Care Team